Sunday, September 28, 2014

September Glam Bag: An Ipsy Review

(Disclaimer: Excuse the pictures because I'm really lacking in the photographic talent department.)


I have been a subscriber to ipsy for nearly a year. For $10 a month, you receive 4-5 products from a variety of companies. I know what you're thinking: "WOW! What a steal!" That is exactly what I thought too.



Here's a quickie review: Not impressed. The products arrived in a fairly cute bag. However, when I opened the bag, all of the products were covered in a film from, what I have yet to decide if it was the (spoiler) face wash or hand cream. Either way, an unpleasant way to begin the un-bagging. 



 So, the first product I received was the CAILYN Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss. This was my favorite product of the bag. It is a perfect fall color. It is a beautiful berry color that is completely build-able for your desired color.
Rating: 4/5


The second product I got was the Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream in Flora No. 1. This is one of the products that may have coated the inside of my bag. And, let me tell you, I did not enjoy the smell of this product. It smells way too strongly of lavender (which I personally cannot stand). I, however, do not mind the consistency of the lotion.
Rating: 2/5


The third product I receiver was the Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser. This is the other product I think leaked all over everything. Seriously, it was really really gross. This product (again) smelled pretty weird. I felt like it didn't really clean my face. It also left my face feeling pretty dry afterwards.
Rating: 1/5


 This is the Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush. I liked this brush a lot. It was soft. It blended nicely. There isn't really much more I can say about that.
Rating: 4/5


The last product was the Pacifica Natural Water-Proof Eye Pencil. I thought that this product was just okay. It went on fairly nicely but it just wasn't a color I feel like I can use. This is just going to sit in my cupboard for a rainy day.
Rating: 3/5

Overall, the bag was just okay. I've had my fair share of stinkers, so I'm just glad that this bag came with a few products I can actually incorporate into my daily routine. If you feel like taking a risk by getting your own bag and dropping the (seemingly) minimal price of $10 a month, you can use this code to register to get your own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik